-update IE to most recent version
-If version is up-to-date, clear all browsing history, cache, cookies, close/re-open browser
-ensure cookies and local storage are enabled (in Internet Options, Privacy Tab move slider no higher than Medium)
Steps to enable ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer
- Select Tools --> Internet Options menu from the Internet Explorer.
- Select the Security tab from the Internet Options dialog.
- Select Local Intranet Web content zone and click Custom Level.
- Make the following options available under ActiveX controls and plug-ins to either enable or Prompt:
- Download signed ActiveX controls
- Download unsigned ActiveX controls
- Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
- Click OK to save the security settings.
- Click OK to save and close the Internet Options dialog.
-ensure no DNS, VPN, or modified header services are being used
If none of these steps work, direct to Firefox or Chrome.
Firefox is the recommended browser for cinemanow.com.